So You Want To Be An Entrepreneur by Jon Gillespie Brown
The latest book in for review is "So You Want To Be An Entrepreneur? How To Decide If Starting A Business Really Is For You?" by Jon Gillespie-Brown.
This is a two purpose book:
- It has been written to help anyone thinking of becoming an entrepreneur to find out if you are "made of the right stuff"
It's not an organisation I know but I applaud the desire to create a spirit of entrepreneurism throughout the world and as a regular visitor to Southern Africa, I know how desperately help is needed.
I haven't had a chance to read the book yet but "So You Want To Be An Entrepreneur" looks a very practical book for anyone thinking of starting a new business with chapters on:
- The entrepreneur test - a quiz to see how suitable you are to life as an entrepreneur
- An introduction to entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurs uncovered which shatters ten myths about entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurial lifestyle - why it is so great to be an entrepreneur
- Two chapters on deconstructing yourself to carry out a personal inventory of your skills and abilities and then your motivation.
- How to decide whether being an entrepreneur is really for you
- A chapter to make sure that your take your family along on the journey
- A final wrap-up chapter to decide if you are ready to be an entrepreneur.
This book has endorsements from three former Dragons' Den entrepreneurs - Doug Richard, Richard Farleigh and Rachel Elnaugh.
I'll tell you more when I read the book.
You can get it from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com (affiliate links) - everyone so far rates this as a 5 star book.