Postcard marketing is a popular way to increase the number of contacts with your customers, hot leads and target market.
Why You Should Use Postcards In Your Marketing
The attraction lies in the power of the postcard to attract attention with a picture and headline and to get your marketing message and offer read immediately.
I don't know what it is but I read postcards in their entirety when I receive them. Perhaps it is the promise of brevity and the knowledge that the marketer must get to the point.
I like long copy and I am interested in copywriting but I find that I put a long sales letter to one side, intending to read it later.
Unfortunately for the marketer, later may never come and the power of any persuasive copy is lost.
With postcards you can read it quickly and decide if you want to take up the offer.
5 Reasons To Use Postcards In Your Marketing
- Use postcard marketing as part of a two step campaign to flush out potential interested customers with an irresistible offer.
- Use postcards in a more extensive targeted campaign as one way to vary the message and impact in your sequences of contacts to warm up a cold market.
- Remind customers to come back and buy again. Postcards are often used by dentists and car dealerships to remind people of the 6 month or 12 month check-ups.
- Present a compelling offer with a tight deadline.
- Encourage lapsed customers to return.
How To Use Postcard Marketing
For detailed guidance on how to put together a postcard marketing campaign, see my blog How To Succeed With Postcard Marketing
You may also want to read Using Cartoon Postcards In Your Marketing
Have More Success With Direct Mail Including Postcards
If you are looking for some low cost but very good training in direct response marketing so that you can write effective sales letters and postcards, I recommend the 30 day trial of ProfitableGrowthStrategies.com
This first month only costs $1 and it gives you a great chance to see for yourself how much your business can improve from the right business growth techniques. You can stop whenever you want.