The Role Of Lead Generation In Your Sales Process
Your sales process should break down into three components:
- Lead generation - getting prospective customers to respond for the first time
- Lead conversion - turning leads into customers
- Persuading customers to continue to buy and stay as customers
The Two Main Ways To Generate Leads
- To be found by people who are looking to buy - what I call search marketing
- To contact potential customers who have not started their search for solutions to problems they have - what I call outreach marketing
The Main Search Lead Generation Techniques
The four main ways people find products, suppliers and vendors are:
- To look on the Internet - you use search engine marketing to be found
- To look in the local Yellow Pages - you use Yellow Page Advertisements
- To ask people they know to recommend a supplier - you use referral marketing, networking and word of mouth marketing to encourage your details to be passed forward.
- To walk around the shops and browse - you use retail marketing
The Main Outreach Lead Generation Methods
For outreach marketing, you need to make a deliberate effort to contact potential customers and get them interested in buying.
The main lead generation methods are:
- Direct mail
- Face to face selling
- Exhibitions and trade shows
- Public relations
- Public speaking
How To Improve Your Lead Generation Skills
Click on the banner below. It's a very good offer for some excellent training.